Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide I_vote_lcapKaido's Zombie Survival Guide I_voting_barKaido's Zombie Survival Guide I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide I_vote_lcapKaido's Zombie Survival Guide I_voting_barKaido's Zombie Survival Guide I_vote_rcap 
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Empty
PostSubject: Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide   Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:58 pm

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THIS TO JOIN THE ZOMBIE RP. THIS IS JUST FOR INFO PURPOSES.

Here I will be providing a short and long version of my zombie survival guide to the zombies in my IWWTD thread. I am doing this because I am bored, to inform other RPers, and I have nothing better to do than to mix my own fictatious imaginings with others’ ideas.

Short need-to-know guide:

1. Shoot them in the head, or take the head off. it’s the only way to kill them.

2. Have no mercy. She’s not your mother anymore.

3. Take high ground. Its harder to be eaten if you’re standing on an SUV.

4. The zombie virus is very contagious and completely lethal. You won’t survive.

5. They know where you are. Always.

6. If you see an unanimated corpse, smash its head in. It may become a zombie.

7. Trust no one. They’re all out to get you. Human or cadaver.

8. Don’t use fire. The only thing worse than undead hordes feasting on your flesh is undead hordes feasting on your flesh while on fire. It doesn’t kill them quickly enough.

9. Don't split up. Ever.

10. Failure to follow these rules or heed the information may result in death and/or reanimation.

Longer version:

Shoot them in the head, or take the head off. it’s the only way to kill them. The zombie virus effects the nervous system mainly. Once it enters the bloodstream, it can't be removed. When your body attempts to react, the phagocytes that try to ingest the virus just become a breeding ground for it. Once it reaches the brain, it kills all braincells unneeded for a zombies normal functions: movement, and sensing. Once the virus reaches this area of the brain, it uses the dead braincells to make a membrane to cover the vital parts of the brain. Doing so makes the primal areas of the brain a self-sufficent orginism, and can only be killed my wounding or by decomposition.

Have no mercy. She’s not your mother anymore. Zombies retain no memory of their former lives. They are nothing more than a walking corpse. They only have the urge to eat and infect, so there is no way that they could comprehend that former family members might spare them if they cease offensive action. They are mindless and a threat to any living being. ((Except Panduh's character))

Take high ground. Its harder to be eaten if you’re standing on an SUV. Zombies have difficulty moving, so if you could climb onto a car or similar high place, you wouldn't have much trouble warding them off. Also, areas like the tops of staircases are very tactical as well. Zombies will have a large amount of difficulty if they attempt to ascend stairs. Though, don't think you are always protected if you are at the top of stairs. They will make it up eventually. If you are being chased by zombies, it is wise to travel to the top of a staircase, wait for the zombies to follow you up, then kick the one closest to you in the face or chest down the stairs, knocking the other zombies down in a domino effect.

The zombie virus is very contagious and completely lethal. You won’t survive. As explained before, the virus destroys your brain. The only ways to prevent becomming a zombie after being bitten are immediete amputation of the bitten area or suicide. If suicide is chosen, it must be brain-destroying. The virus will kill all living creatures, but it will only reanimate humans. The strain of the zombie virus was started by the military in the hops of creating a biological weapon to use against the nation's enemies. It was developed from a peculiar disease found in the remains of a mummified corpse in the mountians of Transylvania (*cough* Dracula *cough*).

They know where you are. Always. When the virus begins to weed out unnecessary brain cells, it leaves the ones for sensing active. The virus, eventually, finds sensing abilities that the human race had long forgotten. The term that it is given is ESP or ExtraSensory Perception, and has a very dedicated cult of pseudoscientists. This ESP allows the zombie to loccate any living being within a certain radius of the zombie, even if all sensory organs are missing.

If you see an unanimated corpse, smash its head in. It may become a zombie. Even though zombies shy away from corpses and prefer live prey, a found corpse could be infected by the virus and just be in the final stages of its death ane about to begin reanimation. The transition from corpse to zombie takes about one hour. Though, not all corpses will spring back to life, since the virus needs to travel through the bloodstream to reach the brain.

Trust no one. They’re all out to get you. Human or cadaver. Zombies, of course, will try to kill you, but other survivers might attempt to try to kill you to get much-needed suply. If the nation/world is taken over by zombies, there won't be much of a law system to prevent this.

Don’t use fire. The only thing worse than undead hordes feasting on your flesh is undead hordes feasting on your flesh while on fire. It doesn’t kill them quickly enough. If you do try to use fire on zombies, you must be prepaired to run. After a zombie is alight, it will continue to follow you until its brain is destroyed. It is also possible for the fire to extinguish before the zombie is dead (again).

Don't split up. Ever. If being followed by zombies, do not split up. If one or more of a group is killed and reanimated, the group may be in a state of emotion vunrability if they see the walking cadaver of a formerly friendly person.

Failure to follow these rules or heed the information may result in death and/or reanimation. It is possible to survive the zombie apocalypse. The best means of survival are to not try to fight against it, but to find turrain that will prove difficult for zombies to survive in, attempt to wait out the zombies, and trying to start an encampment for survivors. Zombies have a slightly lowered rate of decomposition, and have been known to survive up to twelve years before becoming too decrepit to move.

There are five stages of the zombie's animation, which I will introduce. Though, please let me introduce them into the RP thread before mentioning them.

Shamblers:
Shamblers are your average braindead, slowmoving, recently animated corpse. They are the most like the modern zombie cliche. Zombies remain shamblers for about a month.

Runners:
Runners are zombies whose corpse's affliction of rigor mortis has ended and they are free to move as they wish. Though they can reach whatever speeds they were capable of achieving in life, they are still clumbsy and uncoordinated, so they trip and fall often if running.

Bloats:
Bloats are zombies that have reached an advanced stage of decomposition. Their bodies have bloated and expanded from gasses caused by decay. If disturbed (shot, attacked, hit by a car, etc.) they will explode into a cloud of toxic vapors that, if inhaled by a living person, will infect them with the virus. After exploding, the remainder of the zombies corpse shrivvel and die quickly.

Brutes:
Brutes are zombies that have survived the bloat stage of their unlife. All of the gasses that escaped from the bloat during transition to brute melted ff the zombie's skin, leaving nothing but bone and muscle visable. The escaping gasses destroyed some of the nervous and muscle systems, but they are very deadly. A brute has about the same speed as a shambler, though since the gasses destroyed the nervous systems that are responsable for limiting the muscle usage of our bodies, brutes have the strength of ten living men.

Monsters:
Monsters are the final stages of a zombie, and are by far the deadliest. They are very rare, about one to every five hundred zombies, but they make up for that with their destructive force. When zombies reach the brute stage, and attempt to advance further, they must mutate to excede their limitations. One zombie will release a pheromone that attracts another zombie to bite it. The zombie that bites another does not release its bite, but the two begin a rapid mutation that fuses the two zombies together. A large amount of the zombie pheromone is released during this process, which adds een more zombies to the mutation. After about fifteen zombies have bitten, the pheromone stops being released, and in a months time, the zombies have fused into a twelve foot tall creature of destruction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide   Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:40 pm

I just realized, the general idea of IWWTD reminds me of 28 Days Later, and 28 Weeks Later with the whole contagious virus thing, but I'm pretty sure this virus didn't come from testing on chimps...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide   Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Actually, its based more off of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z I think. I built it to combine a bunch of zombie stories, plus a little of my own ideas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide   Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:56 am

that would suck if it was 28 days later. They run really fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide   Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaido's Zombie Survival Guide
Page 1 of 1