Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
Deathly Fright I_vote_lcapDeathly Fright I_voting_barDeathly Fright I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

Deathly Fright

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 3:19 pm

What started off as a normal day would herald the end. 

Static would be heard on all devices, then, a voice would come through.

"This is an emergency broadcast. We interrupt what you were doing to inform you that-"

"Hold on, lemme shut that off. My name is Doctor David Carpenter. I worked at a top secret think tank north of Chicago. Privately funded, our goal was, in short, to eliminate all human frailty. We had good intentions. That much I can say for sure. Our research was meant to HELP people. However, we tampered in things no man has any right to tamper with."

"We were creating a method to improve the human immune system, in short. and, dear god, we succeeded. We found a way to give a man dying of AIDs new life. We found a way to optimize a womans body to fight off cancer."

"But then, we got greedy. We thought to ourselves, 'what if we could go further? What if we could make the perfect human, anatomically, at any rate'?"

"Remember, we still had good intentions. We still wanted to improve the quality of human life. However, to quote an old adage, 'The path to hell is paved with good intentions'"

"In short, we failed. We didn't create a perfect human. We created a monster, a being that was neither dead nor alive, filled with an all consuming hunger. A freakish perpetual motion machine. And it was contagious."

"I hear them outside my door, banging, snarling, attempting to get in. Luckily, its reinforced. Unfortunately, I lack food, meaning I am quite likely to starve. In that contingency, or the event that they break through, I have a pistol, fully loaded. I will attempt to escape. However, if that proves impossible, I will reserve the last bullet for myself."

"Returning to my narrative of how things went wrong, most of our security staff was infected first. Then, our medical team. Followed by our morgue. Till only I am left. Then, the creatures, and I refuse to call them 'Zombies', well, many have left the facility, headed for the city. I warn you, you HAVE to contain this, this, this PLAGUE."

"Because this plague has the chance to end civilization completely."

"This is Doctor David Carpenter, and I'm sorry."

Thought a hoax to begin with, soon, the city of Chicago was engulfed in a inferno of violence and madness. Within two days, it was overran. Within four days, reports of the dead rising surfaced in Nashville. Within seven, most of the north was under siege from the plague, which had spread like wildfire.

Thats where you come in. The residents of a sleepy, slightly isolated town in the mountains of Colorado, you are about to face your biggest trials you have ever encountered. For this is not a challenge that can be solved by brute force alone. You will have to think on your feet, come up with creative solutions, and maintain your sanity. 

For at the end of the day, the buggest obstacle THEY face in their all consuming march is the fact that unlike them, you have a brain.

Welcome to Deathly Fright, a horror survival roleplay. Blah blah blah, TL;DR, the dead have risen, and your characters have to survive it. Now, before you ask, this IS GMed. For those of you who don't know the phrase, basically, I get to handle the enviroment, NPC's, enemies, basically, anything that isn't your characters. 

Further, this has a HEAVY emphasis on Survival. Nine times out of ten, clever strategy will trump better weapons. Also, before I forget, you DON'T get to start with a weapon(Or at least, not a gun). Weapons have to be found in RP. Further, weapons WILL deteriorate over time, and bullets WILL get rarer as time goes on, most likely.

Next, this has a SAN stat. Your characters all start with 90, and as bad shit happens to them, it drops. See a dead body? -5 SAN. Kill your neighbors? -10 SAN. Resort to cannibalism out of desperation? -50 SAN. Further, simple boredom can drop your SAN stat. Once your SAN hits 0, your character goes nuts, and you have to make a new character. My advice would be to make a backup character, just in case.

After that, we have 'Hero Points'. Basically, you earn hero points for making an AWESOME bio, and they can be spent to unlock special bonus items to start with, alter your luck in-rp, or, if pooled with the points of other players, can be used to alter the world a little. Further, good RPing can earn points later, but not as many as you can earn with a good bio.

Anyways, timeline wise, this starts two weeks after the first reported outbreak, so your characters would know of the existence of the walking dead, but they wouldn't know much.

Town Stats:

Population: 2300(Small, less zombies, less supplies)
Percentage Infected: 21%(Most people still alive)
Anarchy: 3(Worry rising, not full panic yet. Citizens more likely to cooperate, however, less prepared)
Back to top Go down
Arc

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Name: Slipson, Ray

History: Ray was an average guy, being average in school and not being all too ambitious. Once he finished school, he got some jobs that you might have expected a teenager to have. He worked at a fast food place for a while, then he worked at a supermarket. Then he didn't work anywhere, because of the zombies.

Other stuff: Ray prefers to stay hidden. He's ok at it too, seeing as he's quite small. Being small, on the other hand, means that his melee combat is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Bit short, but acceptable. You get 2 points. You can spend em on: 

-Small Item(1)
-Medium Item(2)
-Save it
-Get a small amount of knowledge that you wouldn't otherwise start with.(Importance of knowledge depends on how many points are spent, if you choose this option, I PM you said information)
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Deathly Fright Tumblr_n5vcki5APL1qzd5gwo1_500
Raven Sinclair
Raven is the only child of two of the billionaires who funded the project leading to the outbreak. However, as she was not privy to that information due to her young age (17), she knows nothing more about them than anyone else. In terms of intelligence, however, Raven is more than above average. She had access to private tutors her whole life, and possesses a remarkable willpower, despite not being the best at talking to others. She's quiet and reserved, until she has taken in enough information about a person to be able to act. Her parents own a large cabin in a more secluded part of the forest, and she hunted with a compound bow as a hobby, but wasn't particularly skilled, nor bad at it.
Other: Raven has a soft spot for bunnies and rabbits and they exist as the only animals she will not hunt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Accepted. You get 5 Hero Points

-Small Item(1)
-Medium Item(2)
-Large Starting goody(3)
-Save it
-Get a small amount of knowledge that you wouldn't otherwise start with.(Importance of knowledge depends on how many points are spent, if you choose this option, I PM you said information)

You can aslo pool your points with Arc to alter the town stats. Zit okay if I assume your characters cabin is near, or at least in the county of, said town?
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Med. Starting goody, 2 points toward info, save one.
Back to top Go down
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Raven would come awake in her room at the cabin, hearing the sound of banging on the cabin door. "Open up! Please, open up!"  The voice belonged to a male. Didn't sound very old. Sounded VERY frightened.

Ray, meanwhile, would currently be working, having arrived early to his job. Which consisted mostly of sweeping the sidewalk outside work, at the moment. On the bench sat three old men, one of which was fiddling with a radio. "Durned piece of crap. This is what I get fer buying radioshack."

Past few days, tensions had been running high. People had begun arriving earlier and earlier to the grocery store, looking to stock up. Further, people had been falling ill with no warning. It wasn't the plague, or so they thought, because none of the afflicted got back up and chomped on anyone. Still worrying, however.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Raven awoke with a start, rolling out of her bed and hitting the floor. She looked around the room and grabbed the first thing that could potentially be used as a weapon, and grabbed the knob of the door through the sleeve of her sweater before pulling it open, "Gah! What's wrong?"

Her hair was all frizzed up on one side from her sleeping, and makeup was rubbed in on the same side of her face. Like she had stepped halfway into a windstorm.
Back to top Go down
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Raven would manage to grab a small hunting knife before she opened the door. Sprawling in was a young, bewildered looking man, in camo and a orange vest. A hunter. He looked quite beat up. "Shutthedoorshutthedoorshutthedoor!" He would say in a panicking tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Raven wasted no time closing the door, "Wha-what? Is everything okay?" she asked, still groggy and forcing herself to wake up. She needed coffee. She looked down. And pants.
Back to top Go down
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:34 pm

The man was hyperventilating. "Nonononono! I w-was out hunting, and some people ATTACKED me! I think they m-might be those THINGS mentioned on the news! We have to get out of here, we have to get out of here before they FIND us!" He would then notice Ravens lack of pants and look away. "I-I saw a truck outside. Zit okay if I ask for a ride to anywheres NOT here?"
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Raven thought, "There's a little town just a bit down the mountain. Most of them made it. I could drive you down there." Though, in truth, the man kind of worried her. Frightened as he was, it was frightened men who usually were the most dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:05 pm

"YES, PLEASE AND THANK YOU!" The man would say as he moved to the corner, facing it to give Raven a little privacy. In the distance, gunshots could be heard....
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Raven groaned as she pulled on some sweatpants and zipped up her jacket, "How far behind you were they?" she asked, tapping his shoulder while she looked for something weapon-esque to give him. Curse this sympathy she had for frightened people. They just didn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm

"I-I dunno, I didn't exactly take a moment to look back!" He said. Raven would spot several knives, a bow and quiver, of course, and a rifle. That being said, the guy WAS armed. She would be able to spot a small holster with a pistol in it.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Raven nodded, "Arm yourself, then. Don't shoot unless I tell you to, though, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Beetz

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:18 pm

The guy would nod, and take out his gun. "R-ready when you are!" He would say nervously.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Raven took a deep breath. Despite all her years of hunting, she'd never shot anything that looked human. Honestly, standing at the door, holding her knife, she was fairly certain she'd not be able to stab anyone even if they were attacked. Nonetheless, she quickly opened the door, and bolted for her car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deathly Fright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathly Fright   Deathly Fright Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deathly Fright
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire Diary RP Group :: Role Play :: Literate Role-Play-
Jump to: