Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
Tyria Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
Tyria Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
Tyria Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
Tyria Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
Tyria Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
Tyria Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
Tyria I_vote_lcapTyria I_voting_barTyria I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

Tyria

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Everyday I log on and I post in an rpg and what not. But everyday I am saddened by God-modders, people that make their character invincible. Now you may not be doing it on purpose but it's being done Soooo...

Welcome to the World of Tyria!
Tyria Gw144

This story begins in the land of Ascalon, that black circle place in the east. See that faint line in the middle? That's the Great Wall. Those white mountains are known as the Shiverpeaks, home of the dwarves. On the other side of them is the Kingdom of Kryta and beyond that Maguumma Jungle. Directly South of Kryta beyond the sea is the Orrian Archipelago, and to the east of that is the Crystal Desert.

This story will be going along the lines of the game Guild Wars. It was the only thing I could think of. But I will be putting my own twists and the story might change completely. But don't look the story up!

I'll be playing the part of GM. This forum has always been character run rpgs so stories would go haphazardly and could end abruptly. This forum has also always been a breeding ground for god-modders, so I'm hoping to change that. God-mod and your character *will* die a horrible death. With a GM a story can also play out, hopefully, with things popping out, things being explained, and stuff generally making sense. I will also be playing out the part of NPCs.

Our story starts in the happy and prosperous Kingdom of Ascalon, before the searing (what made the land black up on the map) The Nation is at war, however, with the charr. A horribly race of dog-men looking things. Their ways are cruel, their size is great, and their weapons forged in the fires of horrible rituals. But Ascalon has one thing going for it. The Great Wall keeps these beasts at bay, but recently charr attacks have been relentless and the king has called for new soldiers to pick up arms against the beasts of the North.

Classes:
Warrior, covered in big heavy armor these guys are tough to take down
Cleric, lightly armored, but invaluable. Say hello to the friendly neighborhood healer. Can be pretty beast when it comes to magic.
Mage, wielders of the four elements, fire, water, earth, and air. But you can only pick one, maybe two.
Ranger, just chillin' in the woods, smoking your pipe and staring at clouds. Then an arrow shoots through your throat. That was this guy.

Now it's the usual name, age, gender, and all that. The only race is human. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited by JeffSpade on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:30 pm

((Hahahahahahaha, oh, Jeff.... I laughed while reading this. I can hear your voice in my head as I read this. Constant sarcasm and all.))

Tyria Female_Ranger_by_Regochan
((Like that, but with more armor and... clothes. What she's wearing in the pic wouldn't be too effective...))
Raina Liandra
Class: Ranger
Bio: Raina had always been a quiet child, with an almost uncanny ability to sneak up on people. She blends easily into a crowd, or into the forest. She has been a ranger since she was 16. She is a talented archer, but lacks much talent in swordsmanship.

Last edited by Bella Strauss on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Tyria Clipgil
Eruestan Duskhand
Class:Warrior
Bio:Born into the priesthood of Balthazar, Eruestan, was a devout priest. After the High priest was slain in a single duel, Eruestan was anointed the new High priest. He then called the rest of his brotherhood to arms, sending them all across the continent to help defined and spread the influence of Balthazar's cult. He himself is answering the summons in Ascalon.

Last edited by Eruestan Duskhand on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:58 pm

You get human. Sorry, that's all.
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm

((kk, thanks. my pic is going to be of an elf, but i think we can all us our imaginations ;) ))
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:56 pm

((Edited.))
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm

I know everything is very vague, we'll be getting into the details of this world during the game. Picking up snippets of history, the religion, all that fun stuff.

I plan on doing things like an overview of say.... the Shiverpeaks when the story gets there. Their current position, some culture things, all that jazz. Probably even some pictures. But as Ascalonians or people the surrounding area you should know all about Ascalon already.

There are 4 Gods.
Balthazar - Being the god of War, Fire, Honor, and Glory, Balthazar is often worshiped by warriors and mages. Army Commanders and and soldiers alike often say a few words to him before a battle. He is often depicted with a great sword lodged in the ground and battle hounds at his feet.
Tyria Tyriagodm

Dwayna - Dwayna is the goddess of Life and Air. She is the patron of Air Mages and most Clerics, some choose to follow the other gods. But in times of war there are few who haven't sent a small prayer to her to safeguard their friends and loved ones. She is often shown as being young, tall, slender and rising from the ground on huge wings.
Tyria Tyriagod

Melandru - The goddess of earth and nature. She is favored by rangers and earth mages. The Druids of Maguuma Jungle are said to have as well, but there are none alive. She is frequently depicted as a human torso who's lower body is a tree's trunk branches and roots.
Tyria Tyriagod

Grenth - Grenth, the god of death and ice and the keeper of souls. He is the patron of no large group but there are those cults and those who deal in death, assassins. Clerics do study him as well as all the gods. Statues of the god show him as the body of a man with the head of a long faced animal, often with hands reaching up to him.
Tyria Tyriagod

Note: This is for story's sake only. You do not need a deity or anything along that. How pious your character is or whether he worships them at all is up to you.
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:20 pm

((Quick question; seeing as you're doing this for GW, are you going to do the same for expansions, too?))
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 pm

((Expansions... If we do do an expansion it's be the Factions. I haven't played the other two. But a second rpg depends on how well this one goes.))
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:41 pm

((Feel free to start this whenever.))
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:16 pm

((With only two people? I would like to have 4. Perhaps one on each class.))
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:05 pm

((I can fill the other two spaces, if you'd like.))
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Here is what I'm thinkin'. I'll fill one you the other.
Back to top Go down

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 pm

I can do that; just take whichever class you like and I'll fill the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyria   Tyria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire Diary RP Group :: Role Play :: Role-Play Museum-
Jump to: