Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
The "Lost" City I_vote_lcapThe "Lost" City I_voting_barThe "Lost" City I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
The "Lost" City I_vote_lcapThe "Lost" City I_voting_barThe "Lost" City I_vote_rcap 
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

The "Lost" City

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:29 am

The "Lost" City The_Lost_City_by_InertiaK

Story

The year is 3057 ad. in the wonderful city of Atlantis and the people of Atlantis are thriving. Adapted to their under water home, the once normal people had become merfolk: torsos of men and women, tails of fish. Life in the city of Atlantis was peaceful.
Was.
Then things on the surface world became tragic. The humans believed the end of the world was coming. They wished for an out.
One scientist found a way. He found the genetic markers for the MerGene, and he was selling it out to the highest bidders. New "fake" merfolk began to take over Atlantis. It was normal human behavior. A story told many times over in the human's history.
Now there was war in the once wonderful streets of Atlantis. It was the Natives vs the Immigrants. The natives began to call the immigrants outsiders. The immigrants began to call the natives savages.
The city itself is now divided, but some lines are blurred. Some natives believe the mixing of cultures to be a god send. Things need to change. Some of the immigrants realize the wrong that has been done. But that is only a small some.
Where do you stand?
It is up to the humans and the merfolk to make peace. This was an issue that the gods and goddesses of Olympus were staying out of.

Characters

The "Lost" City Mermaid

Name: Elpis
Blood: Native
Bio: Elpis is the princess of Atlantis. Daughter of King Damon. She is now left alone while her father deals with the wars of the people. The wars that took her mother and her brother. The ousiders, or mudbloods as she likes to call them, are a horrible people in her eyes. Her hatred for them outshines any she had ever felt before. Very angry, Elpis is quick to react in any situation. She is strong. She is mighty. She is alone.

The "Lost" City Treasure_for_the_Mermaid_by_daekazu

Name: Odessa Mirth
Blood: Outsider
Bio: Odessa is quiet and reserved, preferring to swim out away from the city than in it. Her family lives in the city as peacemakers, trying to help everyone just get along.

The "Lost" City 1225354010905
Name: Priam Asker
Bio: Though born in the heart of Greece herself, and growing up with the stories of Atlantis, he never thought he would ever be swimming through her streets. In the war on land, Priam lost both of his arms when a bomb exploded, feet in front of him. He was lucky to walk away with his life. His arms were a sacrifice to the gods to make sure he lived. They always did have a sick sense of humor. He would not let his handicap stop him. He planned on helping both his people, and the natives. He wanted peace. He would live up to his name: Priam - meaning "redeemed."

The "Lost" City Merman_by_vashs_angel
Name: Napo Actassi
Blood: Native
Bio: Napo wants nothing more in life than to make his people happy. He is a true Machiavellian, believing that saving Atlantis is the most noble cause left.

Last edited by Aya MacArthur on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:22 am

Elpis sat on the banister of her balcony, over looking her city. She was distraught. Where there was once a school, stood burning rubble. The same went for the parks and playgrounds. The mudbloods were tearing her city apart. And there was nothing she could do about it. Fighting was useless. Every time they seemed to push the outsiders to the brink of extinction, more would come out of no where. It was that d*mn MerGene that the humans were taking as an escape option for them. In Elpis' eyes, if the humans destroyed their world, so be it. It should not be her problem. But it was. She sighed and sent a silent prayer to Poseidon that things would change, and change soon.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:05 pm

The "Lost" City Treasure_for_the_Mermaid_by_daekazu
Odessa Mirth
Bio: Odessa is quiet and reserved, preferring to swim out away from the city than in it. Her family lives in the city as peacemakers, trying to help everyone just get along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:08 pm

((YAY! Accepted. I didn't know if anyone would like this RP. :oops: ))
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 pm

((Haha I thought the idea sounded interesting.))
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 am

((Haha. Thanks. :oops: This RP is open. Very Happy ))

Priam swam solemnly through the ruins of what used to be his home. He still was not used to the fact that magick existed in this world, and that bombs could explode and fires could erupt under water. It was a lot to take in. He looked at the embers, knowing that he couldn't save anything if he wanted to. The lack of arms hindered him from shifting through the rubble, looking for anything salvageable. He sighed.

Elpis was headed towards the scene of the last bombing, wanting to aid in any way. The attacks were more frequent, meaning both sides were becoming desperate for an end to this war. That was when she saw him: the most beautiful man she had ever seen in her life. He was looking down at the rubble, sad. This was his home. She came up behind him and touched his shoulder. "Are you alright sir?" She asked in her native tongue of Atlantian.

Priam turned and looked into a pair of shining blue eyes. This was the Princess Elpis. "Yes, I am fine. Just a house." He responded in Atlantian. Normally, he would have responded in Greek, but he knew how much she hated the outsiders.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Odessa was far on the outskirts of the city when the bomb went off. She immediately swam back towards the city. She ended up next to the rubble nearby Priam and Elpis were floating. She held her hands over her mouth, looking around in a panic, saying in Atlantian, "Was anyone inside?"
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Priam looked over at the beautiful mermaid. He did not know this one. She must be an outsider. He knew most of the natives here. "I was the only one that lived here, so no." He looked back to the rubble, the embers lighting a blaze in his eyes.

Elpis looked over. "May I ask your name, dear mermaid?" She looked at Odessa. She spoke Greek, knowing this girl was no native here. She also knew that Priam was not a native either, but he at least blended in. He lost his house by a bombing done by his own side. It must have hurt.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:00 pm

She seemed to calm a bit, "So no one was hurt?" she asked. "I'm sorry about your home."
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Priam smiled at the fact the girl was more interested in him, then the princess. I bet she wasn't used to that. "It is just a home. And it is new, regardless. I have not been in Atlantis long." He looked up, and imagined the world on the surface. His memories were fading of his home. "I believe the princess asked your name, dear."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 pm

"Oh..." she blushed, her cheeks seeming to glow pink even beneath the water, "My name is Odessa."
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Elpis smiled. She couldn't help herself. "I am Princess Elpis, and this is Priam." She said, pointing to the man at her side. But she sobered quickly. She was in the company of the enemy, and she needed to excuse herself. Quickly. "However, now that I know no one is hurt, I will send the fire brigade to come put out the fire. Hopefully, they will find something for you to keep." Then she swam off without another word.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Odessa didn't quite understand the princess's hatred towards the humans, and the confusion was evident on her face, "Were any other homes damaged?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Priam looked back at Elpis, then again at Odessa. "Outsiders killed her mother and little brother..." He said in a whisper. "But no, my house was the only one destroyed this time. Luckily. All my neighbors have children."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Odessa seemed shocked, but yet didn't question it, "I understand, then... And while it's not good that your home was destroyed, at least no one was hurt..."
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:28 pm

He smiled. "Exactly." He turned to look at her, shaking his head to get his hair out of his face. He failed. Not having arms was sometimes a large hassle. "Where there any other bombings?"
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 pm

"I don't know... I just got here..." She blushed, "I don't stay in the city much."
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 pm

"Why not? The city could use another beautiful face like yours." He smiled and looked around. "I don't see smoke coming from anywhere else, but I do hear the fire brigade. The princess stayed true to her word."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Odessa blushed yet again, "Thank you..." she said shyly. She listened for the fire brigade and sure enough, they arrived shortly.
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 am

Priam waited for the brigade to leave before he let out a painful cry. Life was just not what he expected. Life was supposed to be better down here. It wasn't. He didn't know why he expected any less that this. Humans were dominant by nature. They always wanted to be on top. Always wanted to create their own utopia. "Utopia..." He whispered.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Odessa was still there, seeming to feel his pain. When he cried out, she put her arms around him, as though trying to comfort him, not seeming to notice that he had no arms of his own. She looked up when he muttered "Utopia". "What did you say?" she asked, curious.
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Priam looked down at Odessa and repeated: "Utopia." He said. "I said Utopia." Looking down at her, he wished he could wrap his arms around her in return, but he couldn't. He could never hold anyone ever again. So, instead, he rested his chin on the top of her head, and said: "Thanks."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

She thought, not letting go, "Isn't that supposed to be like a 'perfect world'?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 pm

He sighed. "There is no such thing as a perfect world."

Elpis was pacing her room, angry with herself. She was nice to those people! Those, mudbloods! How could she betray herself that way? How could she betray her mother and brother that way? Not again. Never again. She began to formulate a plan.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 pm

"Not on Earth, maybe. But somewhere else... I think it exists." Odessa said simply, a simple, pure belief in her voice that was unmistakable. She let go of him, looking up as two adult voices called her name, "I'm afraid that's my mom and dad. I suppose I might see you around, then? I know everything will get better."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The "Lost" City Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Lost" City   The "Lost" City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Lost" City
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next