Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
Character Development: Character Prompts I_vote_lcapCharacter Development: Character Prompts I_voting_barCharacter Development: Character Prompts I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
Character Development: Character Prompts I_vote_lcapCharacter Development: Character Prompts I_voting_barCharacter Development: Character Prompts I_vote_rcap 
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

Character Development: Character Prompts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

Character Development: Character Prompts Empty
PostSubject: Character Development: Character Prompts   Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 3:21 pm

I'm going to be using this thread to post prompts that I think will help you guys explore your characters personalities and help develop them more. Feel free to post them in my user workshops thread!

Code:
Pick one of your characters at random. Write a short piece in which this character wins the lottery. What do they do with the money? How do they react to finding out they won? Do they tell anybody?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: Character Development: Character Prompts   Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Code:
Pick a lesser-used character. Write a monologue where your character tells their life story. Make sure to keep it in that character's voice. How does their emotions change as they go through their life? Really focus on trying to tell more about their personality through the way they speak than what they say.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: Character Development: Character Prompts   Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Code:
Write a scene with dialogue that reveals your character’s external and internal personalities. Good settings for this dialogue would be an interview, appointment with a therapist, or a conversation with a romantic interest or close friend. Write the scene in third-person omniscient so you can get inside your character’s head as well as the other character’s head; this will allow you explore how your character feels and how he or she is perceived.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: Character Development: Character Prompts   Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Code:
Write a short scene in which your character is looking in a mirror. What do they see? What do they focus on? How do they perceive themselves? Have your character take a walk. Now how does a stranger see them? What is different between the two scenes?
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: Character Development: Character Prompts   Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Code:
Detail a moment from one of your characters' childhoods that was influential to who they are currently: end with your character reflecting on the memory. Try to avoid using "thought words".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Development: Character Prompts   Character Development: Character Prompts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Development: Character Prompts
Page 1 of 1