Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
School of the Gifted I_vote_lcapSchool of the Gifted I_voting_barSchool of the Gifted I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
School of the Gifted I_vote_lcapSchool of the Gifted I_voting_barSchool of the Gifted I_vote_rcap 
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

School of the Gifted

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

School of the Gifted Empty
PostSubject: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:10 am

Children around the world are all told that they are special, but what of those who truley are unique? It is a reality that many refuse to face, but there are beings on this earth whith supernatural "abilities". These people are shunned, revered, and feared. Those with these abilities did not ask for this great power, it was gifted upon them, they had to accept it wheather they liked it or not. But there is a refuge for these "specials". There is a school thet lies in an undisclosed location run by a handsome but reclusive scientist who wishes to study these "specials" the entry fee is to be called upon for monthy check-ups and a few DNA tests. This school accepts those with, or with the potential for, special abilities. Those without abilities who wander upon the knowlage of the school and wish to join are put through gruelling and sometimes life threatening tests in order to see if the stress can induce abilities. School is now in session

Only one ability per person
multiple characters are allowed
all the usual rules apply
please wait for approvel of character bios
posts may be modified to fit storyline
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:25 am

Luna Agure
Female
5' 4"
fair skin. amethyst eyes with silver flecks. lean ut strong
shape shifter
lived a life hidden by her family who loved her, but was afraid of her powers and the attention they might bring. She lived in rural Austrailia and took great delight in transforming into a kangaroo as a child. Now a girl of fifteen she yaerns to better control her powers and explore the world. A gentle but energetic girl with a likeable personality.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:28 am

School of the Gifted Ana_by_ana600
Misery De Lune
Female
Pale, blonde hair, dark, almost black, eyes, athletic build
Regeneration
Misery was the daughter of two very wealthy, influential business people. She discovered she had the ability to regenerate any part of her body when her father died. After many years of keeping this power secret, she discovered that her blood could heal others like she healed herself. She cannot die, but she can be "turned off" if something gets stuck at the top of her neck where her head meets her neck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:30 pm

Jason Amaroq aka GhostFreak
Male
Well Tanned, muscular, silver hair, bright golden eyes
Ghost powers, (anything a ghost could do)
Jason spent most of his early years without powers. he only discovered he had them at all when he was nearly hit by a speeding car while walking. he had shilded himself and watched the car pass right through him. since then he started discovering what his powers were truely capable of. He has no living relatives to speak of. His mother was killed by a robber and his dad died of alcohal poisoning soon after.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:46 am

(both accepted)
setting: the school is set deep into the forest. An unpaved road weaves miles through as seperate limosines carry each of the three new first years. Only one thing is strange, these limos have no windows and no drivers.

Luna breaks into the icebox in her limo and pours herself a glass of the bubbly champagne she found there. Eager to try this strange smelling drink she raises the glass to her lips... only to spray it across the lofty interior. She retches, trying to rid herself of the acrid taste of achohol. Luna registers the scent of the drink in her mind as a reminder not to try anything similar in the near future. She is still shuddering at the memory of the taste as the doors open with a hydrolic hiss. She looks around, firt taking in the other two limosines on either side of her, then the enormous manner before her. It was a brick mansion, looking ancient but well kept. Vines of ivy cowered the estate, reminding Luna of one of her favorite books, The Secret Garden. Little did she know that this timeless home held many unexpected secrets. Students milled across the well manicured lawn, some showing off and practicing their powers. A ravishing man exited the mansion in a sharp tuxedo. His pale blonde hair was gelled back, all but for a single strand that was out of place, barely touching his brow. The man spoke in a smooth voice like rich velvet. He adressed Luna and the other two who had exited their rides by now, "Welcome, honoured guests. If you will step this way i would be pleased to give you a tour of the grounds. You may call me Headmaster Andrew."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:36 am

Misery looked up at the man, a shy, almost reclusive look in her black eyes. She quickly looked down, then back up again, knocking her white-blonde hair into her face. She held her bags at her sides, one in each hand. They looked lightweight, but one could still see the toned, firm muscles in her arms. She had a mysterious air to her that seemed both frightening and compelling. She seemed to pull her body inward as if to draw attention away from herself, though it was hard to look away from her once she was in your sights. She was beautiful, though her face was a familiar one. After a few seconds of studying, not gawking, at her, one would be surprised to recognize Misery De Lune, the daughter of Edgar and Felicia De Lune. Her parents were world-famous as very influential business people and the wealthiest people in the world. Did they know she was here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Jason watched the man warily. Years of street life had taught him to trust nobody. unlike the other two, who had at least one suitcase, he only had a small dufflebag he was holding over his shoulder in one hand. his other hand was shoved deep into his black-pants pocket. in his lips, which at first glance seemed to be holding a cigarette, was a stick of pocky. he had found a few years back he had a great liking for the japanese snack. He glanced at the other two girls, still saying nothing. He closed his eyes and dissappeared from sight. he knew people had been watching him and he didn't like it, so he just vanished. he was still there though, just invisible as part of his powers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Headmaster Andrew flinched as the boy disappeared, then bowed deeply. "You must be Jason," he stated, then turned to the girls, "may I know which one of you is Misery De Lune and which one is Luna Agure?"
Luna raised her hand boldly "I'm Luna sir." she offered out her hand to shake, but instead of shaking it he kissed it and bowed. Luna blinked in suprise. When she had finally registered what had happened, he had already moved on to the other girl.
"You must be Misery, then." he took her hand and kissed it also, "What an intersting name, although I do suppose it matches your backround..." He suddely whipped around and began walking briskly toward the gardens. "If the three of you would come this way please..."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Misery blinked in surprise when the boy disappeared, then actually had to remind herself to breathe when the headmaster kissed her hand.
Wow... this must be one of those really formal boarding schools like the ones mom sent me to.
That was probably the only reason that they let her go in the first place. They had probably heard it through the grapevine that this was a really fancy school. She sighed. She hated all the formalities that she had to endure on a regular basis. She didn't see why ordinary girls thought it so romantic. She just wanted something about her to be simi-average. Even if only for a little while. She just needed to feel like she was still human.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 pm

Luna nervously bunced up and down as she followed the dashing headmaster. She was so exited that she forgot to keep a full reign on her powers, so a few feathers were sprouthing in her hair and a pair of whiskers sprouted on either side of her face. Ahe turned to the one Headmaster Andrew had called Misery. "So,MyMomSaidThisWasASpecialSchoolForGiftedChildrenandWereGonnaBeTested.IHopeTheTestIsntHard..." she took a breath and spoke slower, "so we're both new here I feel pretty smart being here. Hi I'm Luna. Where's the other kid who was here?" suddenly she skidded to a stop. Luna raced back to the limosines, grabbed her suitcase, and bounded back. "Whew, I almost forgot my suitcase!" she stated the obvious. She wished she could shut herself up, but when she was nervous all of her pent up energy had to go somewhere, and it was better to talk than fly through dozens of dizzying transformations.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 pm

Misery walked slowly, at a more leisurely pace. She was used to all the formalities, "It's probably not that kind of test." She said softly. Her voice was a little lower pitched that most female voices, but it was strangely seductive and attractive. Everything around her seemed to be shrouded in a compelling mystery. She looked up, her dark eyes searching, "Your name is Luna, right?" She asked. This girl wasn't what she expected a 'Luna' to be like. She expected the name Luna to go along with someone darker, more like herself. The Headmaster was right when he said her name might have something to do with her past. She appeared to be perpetually sad or downhearted for reasons unknown. It was like she never felt whole. She was never a complete person. Hopefully, being around others with powers would help her with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Jason's form reappeared right between the two girls. he said nothing though before dissappearing again. he liked to spook people like that. He was called ghostfreak because he seemed totally comfortable with his powers. he appeared again, hovering over the headmasters head, then dissappeared again. a boy a few yards ahead spazzed a bit then started singing the milk shake song. Jason's ghostly form floated out of the boy's body and he laughed as the kid looking around confused. He floated to the ground and his body was completely visable again. he liked using his powers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 pm

"Yep, Luna replied, "it sure is!" She started as the boy, Jason appeared between them and then disappeared. "That was cool!" she exclaimed. "Oof!" She dropped her suitcase when she ran into the Headmaster, who had suddenly stopped.
He offered no explaination, instead he tapped thrice on the ungerside of a granite bench and then inserted a code on a holographic keypad. After a retinal scan he wasved the newcomers over, indicating that they shoud be scanned also. after al that was done he entered a final code. "It would be best if you stood within a five foot radius of me." he smiled softly, as if at a privete joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Jason raised an eyebrow. 'what's the point of a five foot radius? got a gun grid or something? or are the other kids here likely to fight?" he asked. he kept dissappearing from sight and reappearing somewhere else. he just liked to use his powers. some people were staring royally freaked out. they had already found out his nickname. everyone was already adressing him as, "the ghostfreak". even here that name haunted him. He was beyond caring though. He didn't care what anyone said anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Headmaster Andrew simply smiled as a bubble sealed over their heads ad began pumping in oxygen. "This bubble is a 'no power' zone. We have a few in this school, some to test your reaction to being normal and others for..." his expreession turned dark."other reasons." The ground shuddered as they began to desend through layers of rock and dirt. Then they were surrounded by water. "This is the ample aquifer from which the school derives it's water." Forgetting what the headmaster had said before Luna attempted to grow gills to suit the environment. All she got was a hollow feeling and she remembered, there already was an oxygen source within the bubble.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Misery listened closely to what the headmaster was saying in case she would need to remember it later. Not having her powers made her feel so calm... at peace... Just knowing that even the one aspect of her was normal made her feel better. She still didn't feel whole, but she did feel human. She looked over at Jason and frowned, it was those like him who showed off that really made her mad. Why wouldn't he just remain content that when his time here was up, he could die in peace? She could never die. Just sleep. For a long, long time. She had considered inducing it so she could just rest until someone decided they needed her, but they would probably take the object out of the back of her skull before they buried her. And she was cholstrophobic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Misery was wrong about Jason. He couldn't die. He was as good as a ghost. he would just keep walking the earth, or should he say, Haunting it, until the end of time. he figured he might as well have his fun, since never would he die. He knew the idea of living for iternity seemed a dismal thought, so he decided to have as much fun as he could, live in the now so that when tomorrow came he would have no regrets. He kew some people didn't like that, but they would die before him anyways so what reason did he have to care?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Luna was still marveling at the strang powerlass bubble when she noticed the complex looks on her companions faces. Onjy Headmaster Andrew was still in a pleasant mood, whistling a tuleless song. Luna sighed and feeling it was her duty to brighten spirits, as it always was at home, she began bouncing on her toes.
"So, where do you come from?" she asked, "I come from Australia! There are lots of kangaroos there and koalas too. My daddy always complains about not having a television? Do you have a television? Whats it like?" she thought a moment and added, "So what exactly are we doing here?"
"You will see." was all headmaster Andrew said. The bubble finally jolted as its descent was halted, causing Luna to fall to the floor. A hiss escaped as the dome retracted and damp air was let in. There was a scent of Earth about the cave that the bubble opened to, and it reminded Luna of being a burrowing rabbit. "As you step out of the bubble you will feel your powers returning to you." the headmaster began walking once more, "The testing rooms are right this way..."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:11 pm

Misery listened to Luna talk and a light smile tugged at her lips for a brief second, then returned to the stone hard look that seemed to be attached to her face like a mask glued to her skin. She found it hard to believe that Luna hadn't had a TV. She had at least seven just in their summer home. Then again, she wasn't like normal kids. She sighed, grunting as she lifted her heavy suitcases, and followed the professor, dragging her bags behind her. Why did she have to be so different? Why did she have to be a freak?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Jason's face turned a ghostly white. "tests? oh hell no." he said jumping out of the bubble and vanishing. "I refuse to let anyone tether me down again and shove needles into me." his voice seemed to be comming from everywhere. "i've had enough of that to last me my whole exsistance" his voice added. he didn't seem to be there, but he was, hoping to "save" the other two when he got the chance. sure he was scared. he had been tricked with something like this not once, but twice before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Headmaster Andrew sighed, "These tests are necasarry for enrollment in the school. All it will take is a few DNA samples and a few blood tests, then we will allow you to demonstrate your abilities to thier fullest extent."
Luna gazed inquiringly up at the headmaster, intrigued. She had read about Dna and blood tests in the school books her parents had purchased for her to learn at home, but she had never experienced one. Headmaster Andrew stopped in front of the cave wall, near a big shiny door with no hinges. "Cool," Luna muttered as he pressed it's hand against it's surface and it whoosed open. It reminded her of the scinence fiction books she so liked to read.
"If you will all sit in the waiting room, i will call you in one at a time," Headmaster Andrew commanded, "Unless you are too afraid." he added loudly for Jason's benefit. He went through amother whooshy door and there was silence. <HELLO THERE> a robotic voice sounded as a pleasant looking woman entered the room, <HOW MAY I ASSIT YOU IN PROVIDING COMFORT? DO YOU REQUEST ANYTHING?>
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Misery was used to robots. They had robo-servants at all of her houses. SHe held her bags to the robot, "Can you take these, please?" She said softly. That had been the most she said all day. She wasn't a big talker. That was probably because she didn't like attention being drawn to herself. She sat down as the robot took her things, looking straight ahead of her, not saying a word. Her mouth was pulled taught with nervousness. Not about the tests: she didn't have any problems with that, but the other kids. She didn't want them staring at her, which was likely going to happen. She was the child of the two richest people on Earth. Why wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 pm

a boot bounced off the door just as it closed. when it was gone jason reappeared and pulled his boot back on. "stupid jerk. he has no right to call me a coward... i'll make sure to give him nightmares for this" he muttered as he crossed his legs and floated a few feet off the ground and tried to meditate to calm himself down. he was pretty much sure they were going to shove a dozen needles into him and tie him down to perform sick tests on him. they had tried twice before, not here, but at other places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Luna blinked suprisedly at the robot. "Whoa, it talks!" she exclaimed. She watched as the robot took misery's bags and left the room for a few moments, then came back and went into an immobile state, awaiting further instructions. Luna was curious enough to try it out. "Um excuse me?" no response, "Miss robot?... Could i have a glass of lemonade please?" Suddenly the robot came back to life. <OF COURSE MISTRESS> it replied as it whisked to the other room. Luna walked back over to the others and stood next to Misery intending to start a conversation when the wall whooshed open again. Headmaster Andrew whipped his head aroung the corner, "I will now see Miss Misery please." Luna noted that he had thin wire frames balanced on the tip of his nose as he suddenly disappeared beyond the waiting doorway. With no other option, Luna sat down crosslegged and faced the hostile Jason. bored, but not wishing to bother him she decided to do what he was doing. When concentrating didn't raise her off of the ground, she morphed a giant pair of iridecent dragonfly wings ant used them to hover in the air. Her hair blew from the power of the vibrating wings, but that was as close as the could get to copying Jason. 'Now what do i do?' she thought as she picked a stray clump of hair out of her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Misery watched the amused Luna speak to the robot. Had she seriously never seen one before? She was lost in thought for a few minuites, looking up in surprise as her name was called. She stood, smoothing out her black dress-pants. Her parent's had insisted she look nice for this 'sophisticated new boarding school' that they had asked her to attend. Little did they know, she had sent most of the stuff persuading them to let her go in the first place. This had been one of the few decisions she had been allowed to make on her own and she wasn't regretting it one bit. She followed the headmaster into the doorway, her eager black eyes taking in everything, but her lips were still and silent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School of the Gifted   School of the Gifted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School of the Gifted
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next