Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
War of the Worlds - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWar of the Worlds - Page 2 I_voting_barWar of the Worlds - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
War of the Worlds - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWar of the Worlds - Page 2 I_voting_barWar of the Worlds - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

War of the Worlds

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

War of the Worlds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:39 pm

Misery smiled, clearly impressed. He had seriously done that in just ten minuites? There was no. Way. But, perhaps it was a martian thing. It also could just be him, but right now she had a killer headache, so she decided not to think on it too much. She shook her head, "I'm a little tired right now, actually. I'll test it out in the morning." She started to walk down the corridor, then turned back to Jason, "If you want, you can take a break and rest for a while. I'm not planning on going anywhere for a long, long time."
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Jason nodded. "yeah i'm going to get a bit of sleep" he said pulling off the backpack and setting it on the ground. he lay on his side, resting his head on the metal contraption. truth be told, he had designed it himself. his side of the war was going to mass produce it but hadn't been able to before the war ended. the mechanical arms, which responded to mental messages, gave a single martian the ability to do what took 8 martians eight hours in one hour, which was saying a lot. he closed his eyes. he didn't look all that comfortable, since he was sleeping on all metal, but he wouldn't ask for a bed.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:59 pm

Misery chuckled lightly, but not loud enough for anyone but her to hear. She walked over to him silently, sat on her knees in front of him and tapped his shoulder, "Need a bed?" She smiled for a second, but it didn't take to long for her face to go back into it's rigid, trained rigidness. She pointed down the hall with her thumb, "It's like a hotel in here. It won't be a problem to find you somewhere more comfortable than the floor."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:16 pm

Jason looked up at her. "you really should smile more often you know" he said smiling up at her. "if your ladyship wishes me to sleep in a bed than i shall" he said nodding. he still respected the fact she was a princess. mostly because he wasn't yet sure if she would like him being less formal around her. He sat up and rubbed the side of his head. the backpack had several ridges in it, showing that it couldn't be very comfortable at all to wear. but then again, it hadn't been designed for comfort, it had been designed for results.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Misery cringed a bit, "Please don't address me so formally. I get so much of it from my mother and father, I feel like they are nannies and not parents at all." She stood, her face still straight and serious. She had been trained by the palace to appear calm and emotionless for her entire life, not to smile. Ever. It was going to take a while to get into the habit. And then, when she got back, she would be expected to return to the severeness of palace life again. She had decided not to delve into the luxury of freedom so it wouldn't sting as much when she returned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:25 pm

Jason smiled mischieviously. "well if you don't want me to be so formal..." he trailed off as he stood. he quickly moved behind her and poked both sides at once just for the sake of making her laugh. there was a time for seriousness, and there was a time to laugh and smile. this was a time to smile, and jason would make sure she didn't miss it. "just loosen up" he said in her ear. he was keeping his hands off, save for that poke, but he was being less formal, like she had asked him too. but not to the point of disrespect.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:29 pm

Misery lifted one corner of her mouth in an attempt, then sighed, looking up meekly, "It's pretty pathetic, isn't it? A princess of one of the most beautiful and fertile planets in the galaxy unable to smile?" She looked straight ahead of her and led him down the hallway, into a big bedroom, "You can stay here if you like. Do you have something to change into for in the morning, or should I go get you something?" She asked, behaving more like a servant than a princess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:34 pm

Jason shook his head. "i don't have anything but i'm more than usd to sleeping in my clothes" he said kindly to her. "now remember i said not to be so uptight" he said poking her side again. 'now loosen up or if necessary i'll give you a martian massage to fix that" he said playfully. martians were famous for being the best massage therapists in the galaxy. "i'm not going to tell anyone you can relax so don't hold back" he said messing with her hair. he was trying to get her to loosen up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:52 pm

Misery sighed, "I'll try, but it's like trying to forget a lifetime. It was what my parents raised me to do: I was never to show how I felt. It was... forbidden." She breathed looking out at the stars with a look of almost resentment, "They weren't ever parents to me. They tried, but they were never real parents. They were trainers. And I was an animal. Just another dog to teach how to sit." She walked out of the room, and started to shut the door behind her, "Good night, Jason." She bowed her head, and closed the door with a click.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Jason sighed. he wanted to show her how to be happy again. he lay back on the bed and looked up at the cieling, lost in thought. soon enough though he drifted off to sleep and, as usual for those who saw the horrors of war, he started having horrible nightmares. he started to toss and turn in his sleep, breaking out in a cold sweat. at one point in the nightmare he just full on let out a piercing scream of sheer pain and terror. thus was the curse of those who had seen combat... this was the curse they lived with forever after.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:15 pm

Misery hadn't been all the way asleep when Jason's scream woke her. She slid gracefully out of her bed, dressed in a t-shirt and lounge pants, and ran down the hall, pushing his door open slightly, almost afraid of what she might see. When she saw him sleeping, she breathed a sigh of relief. While she by no means wanted him to have nightmares, she was glad it was just that and nothing more. If her parents' soldiers found the two of them in the same place, then they would be put to death. Venusian style. The Venusians were infamous for brutal torture and execution methods. It wasn't something she wanted to experience firsthand.
She tip-toed over to his side and sat down, her hair falling around her shoulders elegantly. She tentatively laid a hand on his shoulder, "Jason... Jason?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Jason shot up, his eyes opening. his body was shaking terribly and his breathing was ragged as if he had just run a marathon in the desert. he looked at misery. he knew quite quickly what must have happened. "i-iam sorry.. d-did i wake you?" he asked stuttering a bit as he tried to catch his breath. considering how calm he usually was, for something to terrify him to that extent... oh who knows what terrors plagued his dreams... he looked at her, his eyes still slightly wide from fright. his body continued to tremble so badly it would have been impossible not to notice.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:27 pm

Misery put her finger on his lips, "Shh... It's alright. I was already awake." She said softly, her voice like velvet. She forced a gentle smile in an attempt to calm him down, "Are you OK? You seem a little shaken." She held the smile, though it was a little difficult. She remembered the beatings she used to get for smiling as a child, and almost cringed with the freshness of the memory. Almost. Thankfully, she was very good at hiding how she felt. They had done that much for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:32 pm

Jason nodded slightly to answer her. "yeah i'm fine... just a case of post traumatic stress disorder... most soldiers have it..." he explained not moving away so that her fingers stayed on his lips. he smiled softly back at her, a sort of infectious smile. "thanks for getting me out of it" he said kissing her fingers lightly. he had found before, that the only way to keep from having such nightmares is to have some form of body heat nearby. but since he usually slept alone he had to deal with those nightmares alone.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:36 pm

Misery bowed her head, her face sort of going back into the usual seriousness that plagued her. "Is there anything I can do to keep it from happening again? You seemed a little frightened." She offered, again going into a mask that made her seem more servant than princess. She seemed to do it voluntarily. The truth of it was that she felt untouchable and unapproachable. She felt like she needed to be a servant to people to show them that she was still a person and not some marionette doll, though that was how she felt most of the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:41 pm

Jason's face turned a deep blue like the sea. this was the martian way of blushing. "well... the only thing that's ever stopped it was to have some form of body heat close to me when i sleep" he said turning a deeper blue. he knew she wasn't some puppet. He noticed she hadn't moved her fingers from his lips. he gently kissed them again, trying to get her to loosen up a little bit. he wanted to prove to her that she could be herself around him, that she didn't have to be a puppet. he wanted her to be comfortable. he wanted to know the real misery.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:46 pm

Misery moved her hand from his lips, still not smiling. She looked up, "Scoot over, then." She said simply, as if the choice for her was obvious. Once he moved over, she slid in next to him, laying on her stomach, "Now go to sleep. I'll try not to wake you." She laid her head down, rolling over onto her side and whistling a high-pitched whistle than somehow turned off the lights. She breathed steadily, as if she were calm, but the pulses in her neck were irregular, as if she were either ill or just too tired for her heart to keep up with the rest of her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:50 pm

Jason's whole body turned blue as he lay down again, pulling the blankets up to his chin. he gave her most of the bed. despite being a martian soldier, he was still an incredibly shy guy. he wanted to be close to her, but the fact that she hadn't smiled when he said it, or made any reaction for that matter, made him think that he was being a burden on her. he closed his eyes but just couldn't fall asleep. he was still scared that the nightmares would return. how hard must it be to live your life afraid to go to sleep?
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Misery woke a few hours later, rising almost mechanically and walking into the other room, leaving Jason to himself. Where she was going or why was a mystery, though she was muttering something under her breath that sounded like a chant or poem. If Jason heard correctly, she was saying, "With our hands joined / Adjacent to the hangman's grave / Never to look back, I am / Taken in by the darkness." the way she said it, low and unintelligibly, almost made her sound... possessed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Jason had woken up the second she started moving. he sat up and started to follow her, wondering where she was going. he was curious if she actually was possessed. It really did sound like it. "Misery are you alright?" he asked only slightly above a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Misery turned around to face him, looking entirely fine, "Oh. I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" She asked innocently. She remembered the question he had just asked, "I'm fine. Don't worry." She paused a second, "Oh, you are wondering about the poem? That is a poem that mother had put above my bedroom door on Venus. When I speak it in the original language, you can tell what I am saying, but I sound possessed." She giggled lightly, "I forgot about that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:02 am

Jason smiled a bit. "you had me a tad worried there. i've delt with possessed people before, and they aren't much fun" he said. he remembered she hadn't shown much emotion before, and smiled more when he heard her giggle. "you know, i like hearing the sound of you laughing" he said watching her. he seemed much less threatening than many portrayed the martians.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Misery nodded a bit, "Thank you. I suppose the Venusian language has that sort of affect on people... It's kind of haunting, isn't it? There's nothing like it, that's for sure." she smiled wistfully, a far off, distant look in her eyes as though her mind was back on Venus, where she felt at home. This planet was so strange to her... How could a land so beautiful and blessed treat itself so horribly? They had almost wasted their entire planet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:42 am

Jason watched her. "i got to agree with you there" he said watching her very closely. "so what are you thinking about?" he asked moving a small bit closer to her. he had a feeling she was thinking about the same thing he was. He knew the earthlings were headed down the same path as Mars had been on not long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Application to join chat   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 am

Name: James T. Murphy
Origin: Louisville, Kentucky
Bio: In a world filled with turmoil even the smallest pieces have their own story to be told. James, a PFC (Private First Class) in the United States Army, is one of those pieces. Joining the Army in the hectic state the world finds itself in seemed not only the sensible thing to do, but one of the last hopes of getting a ticket out of poverty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds   War of the Worlds - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of the Worlds
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next