Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

The Fangs of the Carpathians

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:18 pm

((Well, I'm back. Looking at a couple months of healing and physical therapy, but, oh well. I'm kind of confused with your post though, Raghot- the others are already at the mountaintop. Did he just miss their bus the others were on, or...?))

"Same thing." Brandon said, dismissing it as he clasped a pair of graham crackers around another toasty marshmallow, then handing the smore to Meagen.

"I wouldn't test her, Bran- its not the same thing, but I bet she could knock you out all the same. From what I've seen, this girl is Bruce Lee incarnate." Replied Mike, chuckling a bit as he looked to her. "At least she was last time I checked." He challenged teasingly, his eyes drifting down to the bottle. "So, you gonna drink that or what?"

"Hey guys... what's that?" Asked Meagen, mouth half full of sticky smore while she nodded her head to the forest behind them, off the edge of the summit. In the clear moonlight, a thick, billowing tower of smoke was rising into the air, a decent ways off. The ivory pillar wafted slightly in the evening breeze, but could be easily traced back to its origin- there was a clearing out in the distance, which was not there before, with a large flame situated in the center. The fire was huge it seemed, but the diameter of the clearing was larger. It didn't seem to be burning away at the woods, so it being a forest fire seemed unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Evee started to respond with a joke of her own, but was quickly distracted by the smoke, "Probably more campers. It's a big forest, you know."
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Mike stood up, moving to go look over the edge at the large blaze. "Yeah... it is. But that's a big fire, if we're seeing it from here. Like burning building big." He said, watching the eerie flame before turning back towards the group. "Fuck it. Can't check it out 'til morning anyway." He said, moving to sit down next to Evee again, reaching towards the bottle. "Care to share?"

"You're paranoid, dude. There's about to be one of the biggest music festivals in Europe in a week or two. We're not gonna be the only ones out here." Reasoned Brandon as he tossed his roasting stick into the fire, leaning into Meagan as his arm went around her.

"Yeah. You're probably right." Admitted Mike.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 11:08 pm

Evee passed the bottle over, "Here. Maybe we should check it out in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:27 am

"Maybe." Replied Mike, taking the bottle and taking a swig out of the liquor.

The group enjoyed an nice calm evening for the most part, everyone falling asleep without interruption, the strange fire in the distance offering no insomnia to anyone. The next morning, they woke and packed their camp up, taking their time to descend the mountain face back to the road below. When they returned to the town, it was barren- random bits of trash or other items were dropped in the streets, and the lights and televisions of some homes were still on and broadcasting.

The group of friends stood near the center of the town, Mike pacing a bit. "What the fuck man? What happened here? Where is everybody, this is creepy as hell."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Evee cupped her hands around the glass window paines, looking inside, "There's no one here. Surely the whole town didn't vanish over night." she looked back to Mike, "If you're playing a joke, it isn't funny."
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:28 pm

"Well they're definitely not here! What the hell is going on?" Meagen asked, obviously frightened. Brandon walked up to her, putting his arm around her.

Mike looked very confused as well, looking around the town as if expecting someone to step out. Brandon spoke up, a grim tone in his voice. "I don't think this is a joke. The whole town's gone."

Mike shoved his arm into the air, phone clasped in his hand. "Of course it's not a joke! How could I do this?" He asked, looking at the group before returning his gaze to his phone. "Shit. Still no signal. Anyone else?" He asked. Both Brandon and Meagen checked their phones, nodding in a negative reply.

"Well, the bus should come by around six PM." Said Mike, lowering his head as he slowly looked back over at the road. "If there's still a bus..."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Evee peered down the long road, "We could try to walk back? How far is the next town over?
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Mike grimaced, finally lowering his phone in a somber motion. "Its like, uh... one hundred and fifty kilometers? What is that in miles." Asked Mike as he looked around the group.

"Too many." Said Meagen, her displeasure thick in her voice.

Brandon frowned, looking around the town. "The people are gone- there stuff isn't. I bet there's a car around here somewhere. If the bus doesn't come... maybe we could get one of those to run?" He suggested.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Evee nodded, "I can help look. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but they've only been here for a day, tops. Surely the cars still run."
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 3:17 am

Brandon nodded at her, taking her up on the offer for help.

They had no luck in finding any vehicles- anything they did find was in disrepair, far to gone to put into working order without moderate knowledge with mechanics. Thankfully enough, after a few eerie hours of waiting in the desolate town, the bus did in fact show up at the stop about mile up the road. The walk to the bus stop to check was an unnerving one, with more than one member of the group peaking over their shoulder or into the trees lining the narrow road. Once they got on the bus, both Mike and Brandon argued and pleaded with the driver, but they were anything but fluent in the native tongue- he just shouted at them, and ushered them to the back. The group sat mostly together, only about eight other people in the hulking bus.

"Okay, its all right guys, we're headed back to Brasov- we can tell the authorities there, we can get someone that speaks English." Mike said, leaning back in his seat and sighing deeply. "I'm so fucking relieved the bus came..."

Brandon nodded, agreeing. "Yeah... I was afraid we were gonna be stuck there over night. I would have just climbed up that damn mountain again."

Meagen leaned into Brandon, seeking comfort in his supporting frame. "You saw that big fire in the woods... do you think that might have something to do with it?"
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:01 pm

Evee shrugged, "I dunno. It's all giving me the creeps."
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 12:25 am

Despite the occasional pothole, the bus ride went rather smoothly for the first stretch. Soon enough the sun had set, and the bus was working its way around a mountain, a rocky, vertical precipice to one side of the narrow road with a steep incline on the other, dropping off to the woods far below. Suddenly, the bus began to slow, coming to a stop before the horn began to blare. The driver began to shout and motion with his hands, growing agitated with something on the road apparently.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 1:07 am

Evee poked her head up, interested in the commotion.
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 3:31 am

Mike stood up in the center aisle, taking a few steps forward, eyes squinting as he stopped and peered out the front of the bus. "What the fuck..." He mumbled mostly to himself.

In the center of the road a woman stood, her hair in matted dreads, chalky white and red paint adorning her sparsely-clad, pallid body. Her hips and thighs were covered in a thick, tribal-looking skirt of furs and leathers, her top bare besides a complex necklace made of strange and jagged animal bones that stretched to her navel. As Michael Rook watched in confused awe, the woman lifted her right hand, and then did a motion resembling a chop directed at the bus.

A dull thudding sound resounded to the right of the bus, stones knocking against the road. Suddenly, two or so dozen figures dressed similarly to the woman skidded down the steep cliff on the side. They shouted and jeered in some strange, guttural tongue, knocking themselves against the side of the bus and pushing against it with their hands. The bus began to rock back and forth, baggage falling from the overhead racks as the driver began to panic. Meagen screamed a high pitched, shrill scream and Mike fell to the floor with a yell.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:48 am

Evee braced herself on the seats, looking to her companions for some answer.
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:14 pm

With a loud, eerie lurch, the painted maniacs pushed the bus past the point of no return- there was a bit of a creak as it raised up on its two left wheels, paused in the air, then finished tipping to the left, crushing the guard rail with the horrid sound of metal wrenching against metal. The bus flipped, rolling off of the edge of the road and beginning to tumble down the side of the mountain while those that tipped it cheered and hollered from the road above.

Glass shattered and luggage tumbled about while the occupants were thrown around the cabin of the bus, smashing against the seats and roof while the metal cylinder rolled roughly down the mountain. After what felt like an eternity, the dark, grassy ground rushed up at the bus as it came to smash into it, jarring all that remained within.

Mike was thrown from the bus, and landed about twenty or so feet away. He blinked slowly as he came to, ears ringing but still picking up the distinct sounds of chaos. His eyes slowly focused to see the bus resting on its side, beat to hell with the engine block smoking. His fingers groped at the grass as he tried to lift himself to his feet, feeling rather beat up but nothing too broken. He looked ahead, paling as he saw Meagen's screaming, flailing torso- she was covered by the bus from her belly-button down, and was echoing haggard, shrill screams. Brandon was by her side, somewhat bloodied but obviously panicked, trying to move the bus or calm the girl. And then he saw them.

Following after a few tumbling rocks, the men that had tipped the bus came skidding down the side of the cliff, making their way down to pick through the wreckage. They were nearly to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Evee somehow stayed inside the rolling vehicle, battered and bruised, likely broken by the numerous projectiles. Barely conscious, she didn't even realize that she was screaming in pain, full of glass and bloody.
Back to top Go down
Archiwedes

Archiwedes

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Mike pulled himself to his feet with a grunt, goading himself forward as his head swam. He was likely concussed. He swayed back and forth for his first couple of steps before stopping, retching a bit of vomit due to the overwhelming situation and dizzying injuries. He looked around and saw a few of the other passengers, and Meagen and Brandon, but Evee was no where in site. "Evee?! Eveeee?!" He called as he stumbled towards the bus, passing the weeping Brandon and progressively less responsive Meagen while stepping through the gaping emergency latch.

Mike found Evee in a pile of glass and luggage, resting half on his bag. He grabbed it and swung it around his shoulder, then tenderly cradled Evee's torso, trying to nurse her back to her feet. "C'mon, get up, get up... we gotta go, fuck, Evee, please get up..." He mumbled and gibbered, quite shaken, trying to pull her from the wreck.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 pm

She coughed a bit, likely only from her breathlessness, crying with every slight motion, arms and legs damned near useless. But, she was alive, at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fangs of the Carpathians   The Fangs of the Carpathians - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fangs of the Carpathians
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire Diary RP Group :: Role Play :: Mature Role Play-
Jump to: