» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
Sat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril

Kyira

Linas

Archiwedes

Xaldalneir

Beetz

Faith_

Princess Myra

Sovuru

Mistress Lani

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 54 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:33 am

Share | 

The Dirge of Aercael

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:11 pm

"Just us. Well, we're what were sent out. There may be other survivors, and I'm sure a few towns haven't been struck yet." He said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Lord Duskhand and Naomi sat upon their horses as the slowly rode to the camp. Lord Duskhand was clad in black but it was obvious he bore armor under it. He bore the Iron Crown of the Dead upon his head, a symbol of his old kingdom. Naomi was in a ceremonial dress with a iron crown, a mark of the lutenists of Lord Duskhands old empire. They approached the camp. Lord Duskhand laughed at how pathetic it was. To think these men where part of the alliance that had broken him. He and Naomi waited silently to be addressed be any of the refugees.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 pm

The knight nodded, "Just tell me where you need me to go or what you need me to do and I'll do what I can." It's voice was hard to understand because it was muffled by the helmet.

http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 pm

He nodded at her. "For now, just settle in; we should be safe for the night." He said. Sambel looked up as the other figures approached. He stood up a bit and looked over them, not recognizing them. "Halt! Who goes there?" He asked, looking out over the fire.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 pm

The knight pulled their helmet off, resting it under their arm. To the surprise of most, the knight was not a man. Isolde looked over the fire as well, trying to see who these newcomers were.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Lord Duskhand dismounted. And approached Sambel. "My name Lord Duskhand and I hail from Necrostatuos. My disciple and I have ridden from the north to aid in your ongoing war. Is this all the resistance there is?" He looked around at the pitiful camp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:28 pm

"Lord Duskhand? No offense, sir, but I doubt that; my grandfather fought in the war against someone bearing that same name long ago." He said, looking the figure over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:32 pm

"I am he." Duskhand chuckled. So the old days were not forgotten. "I know the ways of the enemy you face." He drew his sword and offered the hilt to Sambel. "If you accept my service then take my aged weapon."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Isolde stiffened. Lord Duskhand? That was decades ago... Many many decades ago. How could that be? However, she did not voice her questions.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 pm

He scrunched up his nose a bit. "I won't touch that blade. It's evil." He said, looking down at it. "But... we need all the help we can get." He said, sighing a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Duskhand put his sword away. He nodded to Naomi who dismounted and she knelt before the two humans. "I am at your service. Sacrifice me as you see fit." Duskhand saw the question in Isolde's eyes and felt that he should answer. "Yes it dose seem impossible, but when the old alliance broke my army and my powers I was sent back to the dead lands where I nursed my wounds with what remand of my magic. And now with the help of my servant my power has slow begun to come back to me."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Isolde's jaw tightened. She nodded her head, but did not speak. She was not in command here.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Sambel nodded a bit, looking down at Naomi. "How can we know you're trustworthy?" He asked, looking back up at Duskhand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Duskhand laughed. "If I wanted to see you died I would simply join our enemy. And the way I see it If I do try to conquer our continent again I would prefer some living subjects at the end of it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:58 pm

He raised hey eyebrows a bit. "I don't think this enemy is accepting allies." He said, sighing a bit as he sat back down. "Make yourself at home, I suppose...." He said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Lord Duskhand bowed slightly and began to passe, thinking about how to proceed. Naomi stood and watched from the side. "You are dismissed for the day, Naomi." Naomi curtsied and walked away by herself and looked into the distance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 pm

"Just, get some sleep or something... you do sleep, don't you?" He asked.
((I gotta go meditate, I'll be on later man, peace.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am

A flickering light appeared in the distance. It seemed to follow a trail towards the camp. It wasn't a torch though... it was some form of magic..
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Isolde nudged Sambel lightly, "Something else is coming." she said simply, nodding toward the light.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Lord Duskhand looked up from his thinking. He could tell it was magic easily. What ever it was would not prove to be any sort of great threat, unless it was an enemy scout. All the same, he rested his hand upon his sword and waited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Sambel sighed a bit and stood up, walking over to where the road met the camp, his hand on the hilt of his sword. "Halt! Who goes there?" He called out yet again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:40 am

The light still glowed, just barely illuminating elvin features. "A friend goes by this way. I am Jason of the Elves" he said taking a step closer. as he drew closer, it became clear it was his hand that was emitting the light via magic. he had been using it to be sure he wouldn't get jumped by the group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:42 am

((Since I'm the only elf could I establish my own set of customs and such? I also have a bit in mind for an elvin/magic language if it's alright.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:03 pm

((Well, I kind of already had most of that set up in my head, and was just going to introduce it when they got to the elven nation. And, Elven magic is the same as all others; see the "Schools of Magic" section. They can use anything except the "Vis" and "Voodoo" ones, 'cause they're race-specific. I can go and edit the race section to elaborate more on cultures, though, if you like ^^' But, feel free to delve into different languages. When we get that far, I'll just use what I've seen you using and use it as a linguistics base. ^^' Sorreh...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Sambel looked over the figure, hand still on his hilt. "And what is your reason for coming this way?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    

Back to top Go down

The Dirge of Aercael
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next