» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
Sat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril

Kyira

Linas

Archiwedes

Xaldalneir

Beetz

Faith_

Princess Myra

Sovuru

Mistress Lani

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 54 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:33 am

Share | 

The Dirge of Aercael

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:15 pm

At dawn, Isolde seemed to wake on her own. She breifly combed out her short hair with her fingers, stepping out into the camp.

http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Sambel was sitting by the fire, his sword propping him up as he sat. He looked rather groggy.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Isolde stood by him waiting for either an invitation to sit, or for him to say something. This was his camp, after all.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 pm

He looked up at her. "Have a seat. We need to plan our route." He said.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Isolde sat next to him, "What is the goal? Are we trying to gather reinforcements or is your plan to attack the dirge as we are?"

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:34 pm

He shook his head. "As much as I don't want to, we're going to need to gather the help of the other races." He said.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Isolde nodded, "Do you know what races would be more inclined to help us? If we enlisted their help first, some of the others might feel more secure in joining. There is power in numbers."

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 pm

"I fear we don't have time for that much travel." He said, sighing a bit.
((I have to go. Text me if you like))
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:57 pm

"Then we should start with whoever is nearest us." she suggested.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Jason looked as if he hadn't moved at all. the only thing that had really changed was he had drawn a map of the continent, complete with labeled areas, X's denoting places where the dirge was at, an O where they were, and notes about the people living in various areas. He looked up when they mentioned gathering forces. "I wouldn't reccoment asking the elves... True their magic prowess would be really helpfull, but as far as they are concerned this isn't their war.. Unless you have a plan to convince them I would advise against going to them" he said before returning to his rather large dirt-map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Lord Duskhand approached the humans and the elf. He had grown tired of this waiting, they had to act fast. They should get moving. The Dirge was not going to wait for them to make exact plans. "I suggest we go North. I have a relationship with the Dwarfs, or we could go to my lands where we will have much protection while we decide our next move. We are too open here." He adjusted his hood to make sure his face was still completely hidden from view.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:37 pm

As uneasy as Lord Duskhand made her, Isolde had to agree that his plan sounded good. She looked to Sambel for a response.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Jason glanced at Lord Duskhand. "if you have a positive relationship with the dwarves, we could use them as allies." he said, mostly thinking out loud. "it would ensure we are well equiped with weapons and armor as well as supply us with many more warriors" he noted. "at the rate the dirge is spreading though... we will need more..." he said sighing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Sambel nodded a bit. "But if we go north, how will we get back? With the rate that the Dirge is spreading, it will probably have this whole region engulfed by the time we reach the dwarves. I suggest we go to the orcs first; if we win them as allies, we'll have good protection. From there, we should loop back and head a bit south to the elves; I know they have a rather sour disposition, but human relations with the elves were good, we should be able to enlist some help from them." He suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Jason sat thinking. "What about the Guado? They may not like humans, but the dirge is destroying forests. Their forests." he reasoned. "our best chance for allies just may be with them." he pointed out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Lord Duskhand shook his head slightly. "You do not seem to understand, with the armies of the dead we could punch a hole in the Dirge. And it would be good to already know if the Dwarfs have our rear flank covered. But I am not in command here. I only came to offer my advice and skills."

At that moment Naomi reentered the camp pulling eight captured bandits along with her. She had slipped off while the others had rested. "I found these men robbing graves and homes of a near by town. As you ordered I did not harm their hearts, mi lord." She bowed slightly.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Isolde listened to the three argue their points, having little suggestions of her own. She fought battles, not planned routes around the world to gather reinforcements for them. "If we went with Sir Warverden's plan, we could attempt to enlist the help of the Guado on the way to Lisatael."

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 pm

He nodded slightly. "And from Lisatael I'm sure we could get some form of safe transport to the dwarves. Or, we could go to Nexis from there instead, and make a sweep westward through Stonegate and Necrostatous." He said, before looking at Naomi. "Robbing graves, you said?" He asked before looking to Duskhand. "You said you needed bandits to, erm... fuel your new army, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:56 pm

Isolde swallowed. Bandits? She didn't feel right about this, but the decision was not hers to make.

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 am

Duskhand shook his head. "Not my army, but my power! My rule was usurped by a fool warlock, and I need their corrupted souls to give me the power to reclaim my throne. Naomi."

"Yes mi lord?"

"Prepare them for the sacrifice, just as we practiced."

Naomi nodded as she turned to the robbers and used her magic to force them to their knees. She then chanted a hymn in a ancient language not heard out side of Necrostatous.

Last edited by Eruestan Duskhand on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 am

((I think you mean hymn. I usually wouldn't point out a typo, but that one amused me...))
"Sacrifice? I don't really like the sound of this..." He said, grimacing a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:30 am

Duskhand drew his sword and looked over his shoulder. "Do you want the support of the dead or not?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 am

Jason watched the bandits thoughfully. "considering they would likely be killed anyway if they were caught for this, it's probably best we use them instead of wasting them, as long as they won't be dead weight that is..." he murmured the last part, thinking out loud yet again.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Isolde nodded, "They have a point. If they were caught by the guards, they would have been hung anyways."

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:02 pm

"Just... make it painless." He said with a sigh, looking over at them. "Anyway, we need to decide on a path to take. Orcs are the closest, but we apparently already have ties to the Undead." He said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dirge of Aercael    

Back to top Go down

The Dirge of Aercael
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next