» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
Sat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril

Kyira

Linas

Archiwedes

Xaldalneir

Beetz

Faith_

Princess Myra

Sovuru

Mistress Lani

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 54 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:33 am

Share | 

The Last Frontier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Last Frontier   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Bombs exploding, and tears are flowing, chasing rockets and gasping for air
You can call it justice or retribution, yet the reasons are never clear
Freedom is just man's invention and a soldier is just a slave
Self inflicted, so addicted, bad habits are hard to break

I'm alive
Watching better turn to worse
One more time
Try to civilize the universe

Without the righteous, without the faithful, we would never accept the obscene
A false confession, a priest's obsession gives the demon a light to be seen
Burn the witch and hang deserters, there's only one choice to be made
We're thought restricted, and herd afflicted, the truth is so hard to take

I'm alive
One more time

The righteous and the faithful
Give the deaf man to the blind
The world full of confusion
From a disease of the mind

I'm alive
One more time
I'm alive
One more time

"Civilize the Universe" by Ozzy Osbourne

In the year 2148, human explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. This technology jumped mankind 200 years, allowing them to venture out in the vast reaches of the Milky Way, which they were soon to discover, wasn't only populated by humans. The year is now 2198, and humanity is still rather new to the Galaxy, but they are steadily advancing.

In order to strengthen ties with the many other races, the Systems Alliance (The representative body of Earth and all human colonies) has joint-funded the construction of a ship with a crew of mixed races. This ship, meant to be guided by the Citadel Council to undertake military and diplomatic missions.

Behold the SSV Albatross

((Guys, I'd prefer if you had more than one character, some/most of which preferably not human, kay? Kay.))
Profiles:

Name: Weiss Shepard
Race: Human
Race Description: You guys should know this. If you don't, you need help.
Rank/Position on Ship: Captain
Bio: Weiss was born on the human colony of Akuze, which was raided by slavers. The Systems Alliance's soldiers deployed to the colony, just in time to save Weiss, and in gratitude of this act he joined the military when he was old enough.

Name: Sin'Vahl nar Vinshah
Race: Quarian
Race Descrition: The quarians are a nomadic species of humanoid aliens known for their skills with technology and synthetic intelligence. Quarians are generally shorter and of slighter build than humans. They dress in a scavenged assortment of materials, hiding their faces behind visors, goggles, or breathing masks. Over the generations quarians' immune systems have atrophied due to the years in the sterile environment of the Migrant Fleet. Because of this, Quarians never remove their suits. Due to this practice, as well as cultural and behavioral factors, many people believe that the quarians are cybernetic, a blend of machine and biology. Since their homeworld was conquered, the quarians live aboard the Migrant Fleet, a huge collection of starships that travel as a single fleet. The quarians wander the galaxy in a flotilla of salvaged ships, secondhand vessels, and recycled technology given by whatever system they happen to be in, seeing as no star system wants the Migrant Fleet around. The Fleet tends to sap resources from uninhabited planets that look to be useful and take up jobs for less money than most. Much like the Mexican's of former Earth culture. All in all, the universe hates quarians.
Rank/Position on Ship: Engineer
Bio: Sin was thrust out into the world, as all young quarians are, on his Pilgrimage, his rite of passage to rejoin the fleet. He was offered a job as the Engineer of the Albatross.

Kallias Valentina
Race: Charin
Race Description: Charin, more commonly known as "Space-Sirens", are a mysterious race. Humans know very little about them, and they are quite intent on keeping it that way. They don't trust humans, and are convinced they are here to try and wipe out the alien races. Other creatures are usually fairly wary of the Charin, as an unobstructed view of their eyes can put another creature into a trance, except for other Charins. As a favor to others, they usually wear thin cloth robes with a hood that comes over their eyes enough to see out, but for no one else to see in. They are seekers of knowledge and healers, and no two are the same color. As their nature is to keep their business to themselves and to be more of the strong-and-silent type, they have no real government on their planet. The laws are unspoken and simply understood, not written. Their home world is much like a rain forest all over, with tall, towering trees where they build their homes. They have one port on the planet for other ships to dock, and trade only for what they need and offer more than what the their necessities are worth so the traders are more motivated to come.
Rank/Position on Ship: Medic
Bio: Kallias was a brilliant student in the medical field, and graduated years before most. She voted by her people to join the Albatross in an unexpected gesture of faith. While they still largely distrust humans, they are making an attempt to build an alliance through sending one of their own to them. Kallias is a just individual and dislikes no one without reason.

January Light
Race Description: You are one; you ought to know.
Rank/Position on ship: Navigator
Bio: No human knows the stars better than January. She spent most of her childhood sleeping during the day and watching the sky all night. She graduated top of her class for astronomy. She is a bit of an odd one, though, and speaks in ways not many understand.

Last edited by Kaido Kalru on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Kallias Valentina
Race: Charin
Race Description: Charin, more commonly known as "Space-Sirens", are a mysterious race. Humans know very little about them, and they are quite intent on keeping it that way. They don't trust humans, and are convinced they are here to try and wipe out the alien races. Other creatures are usually fairly wary of the Charin, as an unobstructed view of their eyes can put another creature into a trance, except for other Charins. As a favor to others, they usually wear thin cloth robes with a hood that comes over their eyes enough to see out, but for no one else to see in. They are seekers of knowledge and healers, and no two are the same color. As their nature is to keep their business to themselves and to be more of the strong-and-silent type, they have no real government on their planet. The laws are unspoken and simply understood, not written. Their home world is much like a rain forest all over, with tall, towering trees where they build their homes. They have one port on the planet for other ships to dock, and trade only for what they need and offer more than what the their necessities are worth so the traders are more motivated to come.
Rank/Position on Ship: Medic
Bio: Kallias was a brilliant student in the medical field, and graduated years before most. She voted by her people to join the Albatross in an unexpected gesture of faith. While they still largely distrust humans, they are making an attempt to build an alliance through sending one of their own to them. Kallias is a just individual and dislikes no one without reason.

January Light
Race Description: You are one; you ought to know.
Rank/Position on ship: Navigator
Bio: No human knows the stars better than January. She spent most of her childhood sleeping during the day and watching the sky all night. She graduated top of her class for astronomy. She is a bit of an odd one, though, and speaks in ways not many understand.

http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:04 pm

((Accepted.))
Weiss stood infront of his crew in the docking bay, looking at each as he began to walk down. "As all of you know, we have assembled here today to begin a pioneering journey. This mission is one of diplomacy, not military. This mission is to build and harbor rust between the sentient races. Most of you are Citadel, but some are not. That doesn't matter here. Whatever your grudge against any other be, let it be left here when we depart. I apologize for not having much of a speech ready, but this was short notice. If you are ready, board the ship."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Kallias didn't hesitate at all as she boarded, something that January didn't expect. She wanted desperately to see her eyes, something that few ever got a glimpse of. She shrugged it off, then followed her on.
((BRB))

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Sin followed after January, boarding the shipwith the others. He seemed to marvel at the ship's buildas he walked aboard. After everyone else had boarded, Weiss walked onboard, and the airlock sealed.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Kallias pulled her hood further down over her eyes, and tried her best to keep attention away from herself, finding her way to the medical bay, inspecting her area.
January walked into the main area, looking at everything, marveling at it all.

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:43 pm

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Sin asked, in awe as well. Through January's personal translator, he seemed to have an East Indian accent.
((Which they actually do have in the game.))
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:44 pm

January nodded, "It is. It's the best humans can come up with, that's for sure."

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:56 pm

"You're new to space, you'll advance." He said.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:16 pm

"I hope so." she sighed, looking up as Kallias walked in, her hood over her eyes.

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:25 pm

Sin looked over at Kallias as well. Both their faces were hidden.

"Crew; get to know each other, mingle a bit. You're going to be living together from here on out. Just relax until we leave port. We'll be departing soon." Said Weiss over the intercom.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Kallias chuckled a bit, walking over to January and Sin, "I suppose I'm supposed to mingle, then."

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:35 pm

"I guess so." Sin said from behind his mask.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 pm

She rested her hand on her chest, "I'm Kallias. And you are?"

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:45 pm

"Sin'Vahl nar Vinshah. I apologize for not saying so sooner, I was just kind of in awe. I still am. Most stuff in the Flotilla isn't nearly this up-to-date. It's amazing."
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:48 pm

January nodded, "It's a marvel for humans as well."
Kallias nodded, "It's quite marvelous indeed."
January blinked, "Oh, I'm January, by the way."

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Sin nodded a bit. "This would be amazing to add to the fleet someday." He said.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Kallias chuckled, "My people haven't invested too much in building a fleet."

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:04 pm

"It's all my people have left." He said.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:11 pm

She touched her forehead lightly, "I know; and I'm sorry for that. You're people are incredibly innovative."

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 pm

"Too innovate. But thank you." He said, nodding a bit.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:19 pm

She nodded lightly.
January looked over to Sin, "Do you mind me asking something?"

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:23 pm

"No, I wouldn't mind." He said.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:26 pm

"What's the purpose of you're suit?" January asked.

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:34 pm

"Oh. Well, life on the Flotilla is very... well, clean. No dirt or grime. It's a steril environment. So every quarian's immune system is naturally defficient. The suit, protects against bacteria, dirt, all of that stuff." He explained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Frontier   

Back to top Go down

The Last Frontier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next