Vampire Diary RP Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» All Roads Lead to Ruin
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am by Archiwedes

» Spamming...
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm by Linas

» The Vampire Diary: Fallen Angels
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 pm by Linas

» Deus Novus
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:28 pm by Beetz

» Quote Based World Building Game
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:49 am by Beetz

» Ix in Chains.
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm by Princess Myra

» You keep me Calm, I keep you Crazy (Private, Xald and Bey)
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am by Xaldalneir

» Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 pm by Xaldalneir

» That Song Stuck In Your Head
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm by Beyril

Top posters
Beyril
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] I_vote_lcapThe Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] I_voting_barThe Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] I_vote_rcap 
Kyira
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] I_vote_lcapThe Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] I_voting_barThe Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] I_vote_rcap 
Linas
Archiwedes
Xaldalneir
Beetz
Faith_
Princess Myra
Sovuru
Mistress Lani
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 269 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am

The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Empty
PostSubject: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:24 pm

The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] In_Greece_by_hotgu

Ancient Greece. The many Gods still reside over the dominions of man. Chose the City-state from whence you came, and then you shall embark on your journey. The Gods can be your friends or enemies, depending on the choices you make.

The Main Gods
Zeus, lord over the sky
Poseidon, lord of the Sea
Hades, Lord of the dead
Hermes, God of Theives and luck and messenger of the Gods
Hera, Queen of the Gods
Demeter, Goddess of Agriculture
Appollo, God of light, music, and archery
Artemis, Goddess of the Wild things, the hunt, chastity, and childbirth
Hephaestus, God of the Forge
Ares, God of war
Athena, Goddess of Wisdom
Dionysus, God of Wine and Festivities
Aphrodite, Goddess of Love and Beauty
Eros, Aphrodite's son, known also as Cupid
Persephone, Goddess of the Underworld

The Creatures of the World
Humans- Includes Spartans, Athenians, Thracians and the other mortal kingdoms
Chirons- Centaurs with Incredible fighters capable of using almost all weapons
Satyrs- half goat, half man, usually very easily Frightened
Nymphs- Mistresses of the four elements. Incredibly beautiful and capable of tapping magic from their elements.
Furies- Messengers of Death, sent after the corrupt to torture the wicked
Hydras- Gigantic Beasts that don't mind losing their heads
Cerberus- the Giant three headed dog that Guards over the Gates of the Underworld
Tree People- living trees
Titans- Giants who are devastating to the world.
Chimeras- beasts with the body of a lion, head of a goat, tail of a snake's head, and breaths fire
Cyclopses- One eye'd giants with tremendous strength and low intelligence
Fates- masters of man's destiny
Muses- influenced the many arts
Gorgons- snake-haired females who have a stone cold glance
Griffin- body of the lion with the head and wings of an eagle
Manticore- beasts with the body of a red lion, the head of a man, and the tail of a scorpion
Minotaur- a brute that is part man and part bull
Sirens- gorgeous enchantresses whose voices could manipulate the minds of men
Sphinx- The part human part cat riddler infamous for Terrorizing Thebes

You can be any of the Creatures, no gods allowed. Try to play the part. As in no Smart Cyclopi, no hydras that can talk. Cerberus, the titans, and the fates are also not allowed.

Characters:

Jason Amaroq
Race: Chiron
Weapons: long Spear with a Shield for a First line and two swords on his sides just in case as well as a bow and arrow quiver on his back.
Bio: Jason was named after the leader of the Argonauts after his story was told to his parents. they wanted their child to be brave, and he grew up to their expectations. He chose the path of a mercenary, taking out marks for pay. he also does rescue jobs for the usual damsel in distress. His strength and fighting ability rivals that of almost any ten spartans.
The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Gara_the_Centaur_by_NireTheLycan

The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Diane_as_helen_of_troy_by_krzysztof20d
Andromeda Scorpio
Race: Human
Weapons: None. Women were not allowed to fight in ancient Greece
Bio: Andromeda was named for the stars by her father, the ruler of Thebes. She spends a lot of time on the beaches and in the town helping the villagers with any work they have laying around. Most don't even know her father is the king. No one knows who her mother was, but Andromeda is happy nonetheless.

The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Hydra_by_el_grimlock
tiny
Race: hydra
Weapons: teeth and claws
Bio: loves grains and other non-meat foods likes to lick people and play fetch with trees

Last edited by Jason Amaroq on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:55 pm

The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Diane_as_helen_of_troy_by_krzysztof20d
Andromeda Scorpio
Race: Human
Weapons: None. Women were not allowed to fight in ancient Greece
Bio: Andromeda was named for the stars by her father, the ruler of Thebes. She spends a lot of time on the beaches and in the town helping the villagers with any work they have laying around. Most don't even know her father is the king. No one knows who her mother was, but Andromeda is happy nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/solitareninja

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Jason gallopped into thebes, his weapons all set on his muscular Centaur form. He had heard there was some sort of monster terrorizing this area, and he intended to stop it. Supposedly it was a creature that spoke in riddles, and mercilessly killed whomever answered wrong. Oedipus had vanquished a sphinx before in Thebes, perhaps it was the offspring of that creature that now terrorized the roads vital to the survival of thebes. He stopped in the middle of town. "I heard tell of a Beast Holding this city as it's hostage, is this rumor truth?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Andromeda looked up at the centaur, her eyes green and hopeful, "That is true, sir, though I don't know how you would have heard of it seeing as the creature has killed any who try to enter or exit the city."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:57 pm

"any who exit by foot perhaps, but rumors can still fly to the ears outside" he said. as if responding to what he said a hawk gave a loud cry above. "where is this sphinx? I will see to it that it is vanquished." he said confidently.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:01 pm

"By the gate." Andromeda answered quietly, "May I ask your name?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:05 pm

"my name, fair maiden, is Jason Amaroq of the Chirons. Son of Hiro and Megara" he said doing the chiron equivalent of a bow. "at your service" he said as he rose again. "now if you will excuse me i shall get rid of this sphinx" he said trotting towards the gates.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Andromeda nodded, picking up a clay bowl and walking inside the palace. "Father?" She called, looking for her father. "There you are." She smiled walking into the throne room, "There is a Chiron in the city. He said he was here to defeat the sphinx?"
Her father nodded wearily, "Many have tried, all have failed. Why should he be any different?"
"I don't know." She said softly, "But somehow, he gave me hope."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Jason soon approached the massive creature that was the sphinx. Oedipus had never told what riddle he had to answer to beat the previous sphinx, so no one in the world actually knew. the sphinx yawned and rose up. "if you can answer my three riddles, i shall jump from the Acropolis to die, if you fail to answer correctly, it is you, who shall die. the first riddle is this:
"In the morning, I walk on four legs, in the afternoon, I walk on two, but in the Evening, I use three. What Creature am I?"

Jason took time to write this riddle in the sand with his spear before the sphinx told him the second one.

"With potent, flowery words speak I,
Of something common, vulgar, dry;
I weave webs of pedantic prose,
In effort to befuddle those,
Who think I wile time away,
In lofty things, above all day
The common kind that linger where
Monadic beings live and fare;
Practical I may not be,
But life, it seems, is full of me!:

Again, Jason wrote the riddle in the sand, as the final riddle was spoken.

"I welcome the day with a show of light,
I steathily came here in the night.
I bathe the earthy stuff at dawn,
But by the noon, alas! I'm gone."

Jason wrote down this riddle as well and sat down, pondering over each one. there was no limit to answering, but if one tried to flee, they would be killed.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Andromeda walked into the tower of the castle, looking down to see the centaur and the sphinx. Neither was doing anything, both seeming to just sit there. Andromeda watched carefully, anxious to see the outcome of this battle of wits, but fearful that this outcome would be the same as the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:28 pm

"in answer to your first question, You are man" Jason said after a pause. "man crawls on four legs at the beginning of life, two in the afternoon as a man, and three, since man walks aided by acane." he said, the sphinx nodded. "very good, now try answer number two" the creature said. "That one was the easiest. you are a riddle and riddler. life is full of riddles after all." he said. he now turned to contemplating the third question.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Andromeda couldn't hear what was being said. Curious as ever, she walked out of the palace and to the gate. She wasn't dressed in her clothes for the palace, and wore nothing extravagant to hint that her father was the ruler of this entire city. She hid behind the main gate, out of sight to hear what was being said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:37 pm

"somethign wet that bathes the earth during the night, and is gone by noon's light. that isn't as hard as it seems. it is the morning dew" he said smirking. the sphinx nodded. "yes all three answers are correct. now i shall leave" the creature said flying off. Jason smiled and sat up, rubbing his head. "now that was a challenge" he said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:40 pm

Andromeda stepped out from behind the gate, smiling, "You got rid of it." She grinned, realizing that she had never given him her name, but not bold enough to give it to him unrequested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 pm

Jason nodded. "i told you i would didn't i? oh, i just realized i never got your name" he said, he liked to know the people he helped
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:59 pm

"Andromeda Scorpio." She answered him, "Can you follow me for a minute?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Jason nodded. "it would be my pleasure" he said following her. he was a good seven and a half feet tall easy, then again, that was normal height for a chiron.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Andromeda led him to the palace, columns towering high over both of them. She went into the king's study, knocking on the door before entering, "Father?" she called.
He looked up, "Who is this?"
"He got rid of the sphinx." She answered, "Like I said he would."
"Again your predictions ring true." He said as he stood, "It would seem as though I must thank you for saving the city."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Jason nodded and bowed like before. "it was no trouble good king' he said rising. "i require no thanks, save a meal if it could be provided" he said. his spear was on his side and his shield was on his back. he never left his weapons.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:27 pm

"That can be arranged, though I would like for you to stay in the palace tonight. As a guest." The king offered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:44 pm

"As you wish" he said nodding to say he would stay. He doubted they had a bed that would be suitable for his sort though.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:53 pm

The King looked over at Andromeda, "Andromeda, get Helena and have her ask for this fine hero's preferences."
Andromeda nodded obediently and left the study.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Jason looked up at the king. "with all due respect, this isn't really necessary. i'm not a hero, just a protector of those who cannot protect themselves" he said.
Back to top Go down
Beyril
Admin
Admin
Beyril

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 am

"Is that not, in essence, what a hero is?" The king pointed out. "Your humility only further proves that what my daughter said is true."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:45 pm

"a hero often is someone who happens to do something good by chance. i am a protector, i don't rely on chance to put me in the right place" he said looking at the king calmly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]   The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greecian Chronicles[R.I.P.]
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vampire Diary RP Group :: Role Play :: Role-Play Museum-
Jump to: